Have I ever told you guys how much I love coconut milk? Coconut milk and I are in a pretty serious relationship these days. I love it in my coffee or tea. I love using it in place of water in quinoa porridge or cream of rice. I love to just pour it over my fruit too.
This is how I discovered that I could make whipped coconut cream. As much as I love pouring the cream over fresh fruit, topping it with a dallop of whipped coconut cream feels more indulgent.
You see how sexy that looks?!? When I bust this out for breakfast at the office people stare. And I don’t blame them, I’d be jealous too! I eat this for breakfast but it would also make an amazing dessert.
It is so simple to make and is delicious in everything you would put traditional whipped cream on. Maybe even some homemade hot chocolate…
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Put your can of coconut milk in the fridge 8 hours or overnight
- Open the can and spoon out the coconut cream that has come to the top into a mixing bowl
- Beat until stiff peaks form (7-8 minutes)
- Then add the sugar and vanilla if using and beat another minute
- Your whipped coconut cream is ready! Enjoy!